The Connexion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thingy's flash game recommendations

4 posters

Go down

Thingy's flash game recommendations Empty Thingy's flash game recommendations

Post by Thingy Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Most flash games are pure and utter crap. It's one extreme ultra uber tower defence!!!!!!! after another, one crappy ultra extreme alien shooter 34 after another. But sometimes you can find a gem of a flash game when you look hard enough. I'm going to post all the good ones i find here so you can all try them. Let's start with some interactive poetry...

http://www.ludomancy.com/games/today.php?lang=en

It's called today i die, but dont worry, it's not something a bunch of emo's came up with during their latest wrist cutting session, this is poetry. And the good kind of poetry too. Figuring out how to play is fun, which is unusual. You have to find out what the goals are, how you get to the next level and all that.But the most fun is no doubt the poetry. It changes as you progress in the game, and it's very good. It's alot of fun, and one of the most original games this year, so give it a try.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Thingy's flash game recommendations Empty Re: Thingy's flash game recommendations

Post by JPB18 Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Pretty game indeed...

JPB18

Back to top Go down

Thingy's flash game recommendations Empty Re: Thingy's flash game recommendations

Post by Darkwing Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:06 pm

That's due to the fact that very few can actually code beyond the basic stuff in flash
Darkwing
Darkwing
Admin

https://connexion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:00 pm

Well, yes, but there's no excuse to releasing an abomination like a tower defence game. Learn to code, then make games.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:48 pm

yeah, see i dont think the general person is really willing to spend years learning code, going to school and then releasing games for free at superior quality. it's just something fun to do in one's spare time, make basic games that is.
Darkwing
Darkwing
Admin

https://connexion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoshi Midnight Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:24 am

I happen to like tower defense games. Some of them are quite good, but others... not so much. There are some things in code that you can learn after various trial and error runs that some people can't learn in school. I would learn code to make flash games if I had the software to do so, but I'd rather not have to pay money for it.
Kiyoshi Midnight
Kiyoshi Midnight

https://s359.photobucket.com/home/Dread151/index

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:27 pm

@ DW that still doesnt give you a reason to release something someone else has released like 20 times alredy, but with slightly different graphics. And it's all about taste, midnight. There are probably a bunch of bizzaro people somewhere who like tower defence games so much that they eagerly await the next version of extreme tower defence 526 or something. But i think you have to make something at least a tiny tiny bit original if you want to release it to the public.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down