The Connexion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ecoterrorism: Is it helping us, or just being counterproductive?

3 posters

Go down

Ecoterrorism: Is it helping us, or just being counterproductive? Empty Ecoterrorism: Is it helping us, or just being counterproductive?

Post by Kiyoshi Midnight Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:55 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eco-terrorism

Tell me what you think.

In my honest opinion here, I think they are just fooling themselves. I heard of one attack, through my father, that they burned down a house that was built, in the process of it being built, a part of a forest had to be chopped down. Wouldn't the fire just hurt the enviroment more? Well, the fumes of the burning paint, wallpaper, and other finishes and chemicals used in the building of that house.

A little bit of information from wikipedia for those too lazy to click a link..

Wikipedia wrote:
Eco-terrorism is a controversial term that has been applied to acts of violence or sabotage committed in support of ecological, environmental, or animal rights causes against persons or their property. In turn, supporters of the earth liberation movement have used it to describe companies and groups that carry activities that damage the environment. They argue that the term has been loosely used for people who represent no threat to life, unlike the people whose activities they are trying to stop.

Eco-terrorism is defined by the FBI as "the use or threatened use of violence of a criminal nature against innocent victims or property by an environmentally-oriented, subnational group for environmental-political reasons, or aimed at an audience beyond the target, often of a symbolic nature." The FBI has credited to eco-terrorism 200 million dollars in property damage from 2003 and 2008, and a majority of states within the USA have introduced laws aimed at eco-terrorism.
Kiyoshi Midnight
Kiyoshi Midnight

https://s359.photobucket.com/home/Dread151/index

Back to top Go down

Ecoterrorism: Is it helping us, or just being counterproductive? Empty Re: Ecoterrorism: Is it helping us, or just being counterproductive?

Post by Galaxy-Scarface Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:44 pm

stupid. their minds have been twisted by the evil Al Gore, who wants to rule the world through his greed and deceit.
Galaxy-Scarface
Galaxy-Scarface

Back to top Go down

Ecoterrorism: Is it helping us, or just being counterproductive? Empty Re: Ecoterrorism: Is it helping us, or just being counterproductive?

Post by Thingy Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:50 am

well, that's just... Stupid. If you want to make them reduce pollution, do it politicly. You cant make them stop polluting by bloing their stuff up, they'll just rebuild it and keep going.

And galaxy, you better be kidding.
Thingy
Thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum